Fontanka River - Fast watercolor


Fast watercolors go right for me, 'cos I'm in time to catch my feelings of this place and this moment.

I'd love to be a master of "veduta" as Francesco Guardi and Canaletto, but it's not only my lack of knack that doesn't allow me to be one -- firstly it's my inability to keep a moment with all these details for a long time.

So just a quick picture - but this way I can preserve the world at that particular point when I see it.

saint-petersburg-Watercolor-Sketch

CONVERSATION

21 comm:

  1. Hi Erica, fantastic job...looks good to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piece...love the color, beautiful washes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! i love that you can work so quickly and create such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your street and people sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Erica:) Very nicely done! Great details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it...I like the balance of heights of buildings down to car...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so completely envious of people who can quickly capture such beautiful scenes. I labor over them and rework them to the point where they're not even recognizable. the soft watercolors create such a lovely, personal feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful painting. I LOVE the style of your buildings and cars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this painting, The details are stunning. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Painting is excellent ~ and going with your flow makes it so ~ Wonderful ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely marvelous watercolour - love the colours - reminds me of my time spent travelling through europe :( wish to do it again though its been close to 20 years....

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to be getting here so late but we finally had some sun so we made the most of it while it lasted.... and glad I finally got here and scrolled back and caught up on your last few postt as well.. just gorgeous... I love your immediate line work and you do capture the moment beautifully... I think your style is wonderfully fresh and distinctive...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ur painting is amazing! so much detail, so many colours, such a clear scene! it's really admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alicia, Tracey and Mannika -- thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Вот ты зачем уехала в Питер.. :)
    Молодца!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. в том числе. приезжай ко мне

      Delete

Back
to top