Rome street scene

     God, I LOVE the way she reaches her hand so emotionally - "Devo prendere questa direzione a

      sinistra??" and his slightly flirty "Beh nooo, deve andare lìii".
Rome street policeman    Uuuffa, I tried --- but eventually failed to depict their movements. I'm going to dedicate a hundred
    of pages to catch these poses, these moves, this sense, this Rome street.

Rome street policeman

                 In the meanwhile -- just 10 minutes sketch (sebbene senza 'sta finezza...)

CONVERSATION

14 comm:

  1. I love this watercolor. You really gave some grace and elegance to the figures, in particular the officer,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolor is excellent ~ movement, composition, color ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is wonderful to see!! love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always wanted to make a travel blog, where i sketch wherever i go. just got myself a moleskin, your blog inspires me. thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the photo in both vibrant color and sepia tones! Your quick sketch captures the life in the photo wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful! I would love to visit Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great drawing! it is an amazing pose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Erica. What a fabulous job on your watercolour. Love your gentle style, too. :)

    Thank you for joinging us and I do hope you return next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, a 10 minute sketche - I could have worked on that all day and it would be that good. I love it!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! You're really encouraging me (on my painting endeavors))

      Delete
  10. I think you did great. Do you think she's a dancer with those calves? So that pose could be ballet related too perhaps? did she arrabasque down the street? (forgive spelling)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she did -- I just must have missed that)
      She looks rather flexible indeed

      Delete

Back
to top